Thacher School
Image
Title |
Title
Title
Thacher School
|
---|---|
Content type |
Content type
|
Collection(s) |
Collection(s)
|
Description |
Description
Photograph of the west side of the Thacher School at 5008 Independence Avenue in the
1980s. Designed by Charles A. Smith, the school was named for Major Luin E. Thacher, an early member of the school board, and opened in December 1900. The school closed in 2009 and was demolished in 2015 to repurpose the land for sports fields for the neighboring Northeast Middle and High School. |
Barcode |
Barcode
10026439
|
Creator Name |
Creator Name
Creator: Kansas City Landmarks Commission
|
Genre |
Genre
|
Date(s) |
Date(s)
1980 (year approximate) to 1989 (year approximate)
|
Subject |
Subject
|
Subject (local) |
Subject (local)
|
Hierarchical Geographic Subject |
Hierarchical Geographic Subject
|
Note(s) |
Note(s)
1940 Tax Assessment Photographs, #1-122-11:
http://kc1940.org/districts/district-no-1-south-map-kansas-city-jackson-county-missouri/tax-assessment-block-105 Note Type
funding
This project is supported by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the Missouri State Library, a division of the Office of the Secretary of State.
|
Shelf Locator |
Shelf Locator
P34-6, Box 2, Folder 20
|
Use and Reproduction |
Use and Reproduction
Publication, commercial use, or reproduction of
this image or the accompanying data requires prior written permission from Missouri Valley Special Collections. Use of this image also requires that credit be given to Missouri Valley Special Collections. |